Tecsound SY50-ALU is a polymer-based, bitumen-free, high density synthetic soundproofing membrane, that offers good acoustic insulation coupled
with an oil resistant, reinforced, aluminium foil facing.
It has extremely high visco-elasticity as well as being extremely flexible even in cold temperatures.
This damping material is unique. Unlike most other foil faced damping sheets which are bitumen based, Tecsound is not only Class0 fire rated but it tolerates extremes of temperature.
It will not harden and crack when it gets cold thus reducing acoustic efficiency. It is also 5kg/m² whereas many other bitumen based products are between 1kg/m² and 2kg/m²
and therfor not as effective at damping thicker metalwork over 0.25mm.
- Rw25dB for a single layer (@5kg/m²) (test certificate 4.042.669) and around 32dB for a 10kg/m² double layer.
- High acoustic insulation.
- Acoustically equivalent to lead of the same surface weight.
- Ideal for machinery, cars, engine enclosures, ductwork etc.
- Improved low frequency performance.
- Highly flexible.
- Class0 fire rating. (test certificate 4026067)
- Airbus Industry (ATS-1,000 . 001) APPROVED
- Great elongation capacity.
- Easy handling and adaptable to uneven surfaces.
- Cold and heat resistant.
- Excellent ageing resistance.