Acoustic Floor Treatment - Standard Batten Floor
- This floating floor treatment is a Robust Detail floor treatment (FFT-3) when used with 18mm (min) T&G flooring and resilient composite battesn at least 45mm deep,
- Total clearance 45mm when loaded to 25 kg/m²
- The timber batten are bonded to the resilient strips at the top or bottom.
- For additional performance a 19mm gypsum based board may be included under the flooring (optional).
- For additional performance an acoustic quilt or acoustic mineral wool should be included in the cavity between the battens. (recommended).
- Services installed in the void should not bridge the resilient layer.
- Separate 'flanking strips' should be used to isolate the walls from the floating floor system.
- Floor treatment should be installed in accordance with manufacturers instructions.